Friday 25 May 2012

Christmas cakes for our family

On December 24, 2011, we baked christmas cakes for our family despite our struggles in making a fondant with good texture.

My Christmas cake 2011
I designed my cake with fondant ribbon, does it look like it? - I hope so. I was able to finish this at 5pm, I left my friend baking since I need to drop-off our deliveries - brownies and cupcakes,  before 8 pm.  Had a longer route than my usual and my worries is if I can get to our house before mignight. I came home at around 10:30 pm. When I brought this to my family, they were very happy and appreciative. Their reaction was worth all the efforts and struggle making one and coming home on time.

Ate Neng's Cake
While I was doing the deliveries, my friend made a cake for Ate Neng as our gift to her. We want her to bring something to her family for "Noche buena", since she was really busy the whole day helping us in our chores.

It was 9 pm when my friend finished her cake for her family. Lucky for her she was still able to find ride to her house since it was christmas eve and you can rarely see PUV's. She designed her cake with ponsettia theme.

Christmas cake, designed with ponsettia
made from marshmallow fondant
Happy with my family's reaction, I asked my friend how was it for her the next day, she just said "they said it's ok, then my sister said the cut was not perfect". I know she was expecting to hear more, but didn't. I guess they really have high standards.. but nevertheless, for us, our Christmas cakes are the best, not because it was perferct - obviously it's not, but because we put our hearts on it.

Like us on facebook and view more of our cakes: www.facebook.com/sofiesofiasweets

No comments:

Post a Comment